So I should post what I want, right? Not like anyone really reads anymore except a few, and a heartfelt thanks goes out to those of you who stuck with me! I have been debating whether or not to talk about my weight loss efforts, I know in the past I have but not very much. I wonder if its anyone's business, would it bore you to tears?!, what if I just plain fail to make progress, what an embarassment that would be! Well if you know me in real life you probably know that I've struggled with my weight, considering that being a knitblog, I met the local knitters when I was at least 20 pounds lighter. And my family and friends have seen the up and down. So its not a secret, right?, and people probably don't really give it a second thought. I think I have a problem with putting thoughts into other people's heads, when really I'd be surprised at how little people actually do think of me! I hope that came out right...anyway. So I have/had this other blog dealing with my weight loss and this morning I decided enough was enough. I have been up and down, yo-yoing around, failing, and today I am just done with it! Not that I don't want to drop some pounds still. I just don't want the mental anguish that goes along with starting and failing another diet, or plan as I would rather have called them ;) So I wrote this post today for the other blog, but I've decided to just mesh the two together. I'm probably going to change the name and location of this blog, eventually, but it is yet to be decided.
So this was a 'diet' blog. Today I decided I don't want to 'diet' anymore, so I deleted the whole thing, weigh-ins and all. It was filled with ups and downs, or yo-yo dieting posts. I would have liked to say that I wasn't dieting any of the time for the last, oh 5 years. Just trying new ways of eating and doing it for my health. But ultimately I was just dieting. And the constant yo-yoing was just hurting me more than helping. So I am done with it. I don't want to do the extreme thing anymore. I just want to enjoy my life, food and health without the constant worry of 'how much do I weigh?', or 'I look so fat today'. I just want to be me.
- Run 3-4 times a week. Running days should be Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Strength train 3 times a week. These days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Do some type of cardio on my off days from running. Elliptical, walking, jump rope, hiking, whatever. Just something.
- I also want to start doing yoga again. I think 3 times a week would be a good start. Probably on my strength training days is the best idea.
- Karate practice should also be in here. I'd like to do a little every day, like 20 minutes. My goal is to start waking up early every day to get it in.